Please see below for current opportunities.
Employer: Radio 2RPH
Work Type/s: Contract
Classification/s: Sales, Sponsorship
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
• Flexible working hours
• Initial 30 hours/month
• Possibility to expand and extend.
2RPH is a volunteer fuelled community radio station that is committed to providing a reading service for people who cannot read independently, or easily handle or understand printed material. Additionally, many people listen to 2RPH while they are driving, or working at home or at business whilst others enjoy the style and depth of our programming. With continued growth, 2RPH is seeking a Sponsorship Officer for a newly created role. Your responsibility will be to achieve company targets through fostering existing and new business.
This role requires an experienced sales professional with a proven track record of success in radio broadcast sales who is ready to bring their expertise to a community radio station with a focus on the disability sector.
Based in Glebe we read newspapers, magazines and books across Sydney, Newcastle and the lower Hunter region to over 106,000 weekly listeners. The station is on air 24 hours each day and has over 250 volunteers who prepare, produce and present all the programs.
• Have knowledge of the radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics.
• Success in relationship-based sales with a proven track record in meeting sales targets.
• Sales experience (preferably within community and / or media organisations).
• Excellent customer service, organisational and time management skills.
• An ability to work to budgets, interpret data and provide accurate and up to date sales reports.
• Strengthen sales with existing clients, source new sponsor clients, meet sales target.
• Process sponsor leads and referrals.
• Prepare individual sponsor client contracts.
• Write the script for sponsorship announcement and provide audio production brief where necessary.
• Maintain accurate sales client list and produce sales reports when required.
• Perform all duties in accordance with the station’s current policies and procedures and operate within the regulatory frameworks set by ACMA, CBAA and Consumer Affairs.
Remuneration will be a combination of a retainer and commission.
• To apply for this position, email a cover letter outlining your suitability and interest in the position and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.